Hi CityLight family,
It was good to meet up with all of you today via ZOOM and YouTube.
If you missed today’s message you can access it here:
Below are a few announcements for this week, a summary of today’s key prayer points and what God is teaching us as a community, and some helpful links.
- What God is teaching us (summary):
– The need to make drawing closer to God part of our new daily rhythm.
– The need to rest in obedience, love one another more, and God’s provision.
– Not to covet and keep our hearts away from worthless things. Ps 119:35-38
– God can bring good from this time = the earth is getting a rest 🙂
– A greater awareness that we are quickly approaching the end times.
– God is connecting families and individuals in new ways, particularly via prayer.
– Isaiah 11:3 Delight & fear in the Lord, see things differently = His way.
– Fasting = we need to do it individually and as a church!
– Not to pray away the virus as much as seek God’s will to be done!
– To be aligned with God, prepared by him and ‘Gospel people’ in these last days.
– We need to give out the pure Word of God, not ‘beat around the bush’.
– We are to not live as slaves to fear, but as sons of God = beloved, protected, and provided for.
We had a loooog, but healthy discussion about Fasting. I won’t repeat it here, but if you need more info on the theology, Scriptures, and ways to fast, simply ask in the CL Messenger group and someone is bound to posts some excellent answers!
After all the discussion, the conclusion is that YES, we need to fast both individually and as a church in this time. We want to invite you to fast this week for three things:
– To draw closer to God and be more attentive to His voice.
– To invite Him to clean us, make needed changes, bring more of His holiness.
– To invite God to make us ready for what He is doing in us, our church and nation.
How long you fast, what day you fast and what kind of fast is completely up to you. However, we want to give some space on the next two online meetings (Wed, Sun) to report with the church what the Lord might reveals as a result of your fasting experience. Enjoy!
- This weeks gatherings: Here is the plan
Wednesday 18:00 – Zoom Video chat = Worship, Prayer and Hangout (https://zoom.us/j/264833887)
For a full program and all link see: https://epiphanycitylight.wordpress.com/2020/03/17/so-what-is-the-plan-for-citylight-this-week/
- Prayer Points:
– Pray according to ‘What God is teaching us’
– Pray and Fast according to the 3 points: draw close, holiness, readiness.
– Pray for Slovakia, India… the world!
– Pray for us all to be a LIGHT in this difficult time to our neighbors, coworkers and those around us.
Patrick + Ivetka